Blackmoth Forums
November 21, 2017, 03:04:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Current projects: A Nameless Inheritance and Stuff

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MMTJ#2 - Today I Destroyed The World  (Read 6522 times)
Tifu
Administrator

This is my favourite PPG

« on: June 27, 2010, 10:41:33 AM »

Finished: Download

This was for the second 'Monthly Unofficial Tigsource Thunderdome Jam' with the exciting theme of 'Everything is Ruined Forever'. Can't get more ruined forever than the world blowing up. So I made a game where the world blows up. A lot. It's a basic platformer. Run around, shoot aliens, get to end of level, world blows up, try again  Grin

Controls: ---------------------------
Left/Right   - Move
Up/Down    - Increase/Decrease radius of weapon's rotation
Up                   - Talk/Read [?] boxes
Z      - Jump (and Double Jump)
X       - Fire weapon
C      - If energy is full, power up
(the Power up state lasts a short time and makes it so that your weapon will hurt enemies just by touching them, instead of having to fire the weapon at them to hurt them)
You don't get the weapon until the world blows up at least once!

« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 02:35:23 PM by Tifu » Logged

Checkpoint

Ah! The Feasting Table!

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 10:40:06 AM »

Hehehe.  That game was so fun.  Aiming the SPEAR was kind of difficult, but wow, I got to destroy the world!  Hahahaha!  Bubbles

Me.  Confusing the simple-minded at no charge!

http://plotynstyne.weebly.com/
Tifu
Administrator

This is my favourite PPG

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 11:46:01 AM »

Thenks!
You weren't supposed to enjoy that, you were supposed to be in turmoil from the horrible soul crushing guilt Cheesy

I thought the SPEAR would be possibly hard to aim, but it's an idea that has been in my head for a while. Figured it was best I used it in a little game like this than throw it in a much larger game and have it possibly ruin the whole thing Tongue

Checkpoint

Ah! The Feasting Table!

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 11:48:28 AM »

Oh, I feel horrible soul crushing guilt for destroying the thing that let me destroy the world, sure. Bubbles  But, the world itself?  Nah.

I liked how the SPEAR had some interesting range abilities.  I liked that you could change the radius.  I'm sure that, with practice, that could be a really deadly weapon.  I like it. Cheesy

Parsec
PPZ team

Everybody wants to be a cat

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2010, 07:44:42 PM »

I went through the whole game without realizing what the energy was for.  Teaches me for not reading instructions.  Similarly, I didn't know you could change the radius of SPEAR until I did it by accident.

This needs music.

*** The Timeline is safe. ***

http://www.parsecproductions.net/
Tifu
Administrator

This is my favourite PPG

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2010, 02:34:51 PM »

You should have read the question marks, which I forgot to tell you how to read! (woops)
Press up to read question marks  Question (or not read.. have SPEAR talk to you)

Checkpoint

Ah! The Feasting Table!

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2010, 08:13:08 PM »

Heh.  If the main character had been Bubbles...

[Professor] "So what did you get up to today, girls?"

Bubbles - "He did this.  Then he did that.  After that, she blew up the planet.  Oh no!"
Oh, wait, it would need to be a different female character, if Bubbles said "she."

By the way, one of the characters you can talk to, I think the name was Carol or something like that, just said "... ..." when you talked to (I think it was) her.  Was that just because you couldn't think of anything for (her) to say, or...what?
Hey, maybe bubbles was talking about Carol when she said that!

Tifu
Administrator

This is my favourite PPG

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2010, 11:22:08 AM »

It was because Carol's fragile little mind was broken by the (from her perspective) completely sudden (partial )destruction of the entire planet - so she couldn't speak even if she wanted to! My game is full of so much drama.

I think after that level Carol Chris and whasername are all dead Cheesy (cos it was taking too long to code them, given the time limit)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: