Blackmoth Forums
November 21, 2017, 03:05:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Current projects: A Nameless Inheritance and Stuff

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PPZ 0 - a 48ish hour challenge  (Read 5812 times)
Tifu
Administrator

This is my favourite PPG

« on: August 02, 2010, 04:36:19 PM »

So, there wasn't a 48 hour Tigsource challenge last month, so last weekend I decided I should impose a challenge upon myself...
So I gave myself 48 hours to create a PowerpuffZ game Grin ahahhahahhaha

Given the timeframe, it's not too shabby. I went a little over the time limit, but I also spent some of the weekend playing GTA and watching movies, so it balances out Tongue I learned many things! I created pretty standard AI (she'll attack and dodge, but won't do anything clever like the PPZ3 AI did such as aiming ahead of you when you were moving, and blocking attacks is waaaay out), figured out how to do automatic aiming in 2D (something that has been perplexing me for years, and was the main reason I picked this challenge, to force myself to solve it), and made a pretty neat looking level with snow and parallax backgrounds and Mitch Michelson.

Game has three characters( Blossom Bubbles Buttercup ) each with their standard special attack (Flower Blast, Power Stream and Dancing Bomb)
You can charge your power with A
You can fire blasts with S
You can use your special attack with D (uses 100% charge)
And you can charge beams with A+S (needs 50% charge minimum, release A+S to fire the beam)

Download: PPZ-0

Snow effect modified from Adam Kewley's snow code to save time, some graphics taken from PPZ3 (namely the aura charge by IanMeta and the HUD display)

Tifu
Administrator

This is my favourite PPG

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 03:24:52 PM »

PPZ0 - 48 hours
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 02:02:49 PM by Tifu » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: