Blackmoth Forums
April 19, 2014, 07:32:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Current projects: A Nameless Inheritance and Stuff

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: Powerpuff Z 3  (Read 42717 times)
Tifu
Administrator

This is my favourite PPG

« on: September 25, 2007, 03:38:21 AM »

Mandatory Powerpuff Z 3 thread!

And the screenshots that I had in the old thread:

And what the hey, here's a picture of all the body components that you can customise (icons for the menu will probably be improved - and ignore the ill fitting text, old screenshot. I think I fixed that and if not, then I will later):

thats: skin, torso, legs, eyes, fringe, hair, shoes, head, face, capes etc and arms. And the final selection there is for premade models. 

I'll have the screenshots from the WIP page on my site back once I figure out if I want that place to look the same or improve on it.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 03:51:08 AM by Tifu » Logged

Tifu
Administrator

This is my favourite PPG

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2007, 03:48:09 PM »

Much older screenshots, these were the ones that were on the WIP page before I lost the old site. Click the thumbnails for a bigger picture.

Sabre
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2007, 09:57:54 PM »

Glad to see you still moving this project along.  If I can still be allowed to help like i was on the older forum I'm still interested.  Just took me forever to finally get back registered here
Tifu
Administrator

This is my favourite PPG

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 06:32:35 PM »

I doubt anyone would come here without seeing the front page, but just in case:

TRAILER!
http://www.parsecproductions.net/ppz3_trailer.wmv

huzzahs

Tifu
Administrator

This is my favourite PPG

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2008, 10:04:06 AM »

IanMeta has created some more impressive auras for the game Cheesy

(screenshot is pretty low-res jpg)

To clarify:
Buttercup is charging up some power. You'll be doing this a lot Cheesy
Bubbles has charged up to 100% power, but is trying to reach an overcharged state! I don't think i've really explained that ability in public forum...
Blossom has already reached the overcharged state, and that aura will stay around her as a warning to the others - a character who is overcharged can unleash a much stronger special attack than normal! The overcharge will be lost if the player is hurt or uses any attack though.

The auras look really good in action  Cool
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 10:09:54 AM by Tifu » Logged

Tifu
Administrator

This is my favourite PPG

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2008, 11:44:16 AM »

Parsec put up a "how to play" video explaining controls and some of the new techniques, hazah!

Youtube link
Download

duzzkiller

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2008, 06:23:09 AM »

The game has an error of image 25503 after beating 6 characters in story mode. Huh?
Can somebody deal with that?
Tifu
Administrator

This is my favourite PPG

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2008, 10:22:47 AM »

This, this is what I hate about coding. Something can work perfectly fine on 99 machines and then that 100th machine throws up something bizarre... there aren't even 25503 lines of code, and certainly not that many images... perplexing!
That is the whole error message? No line number given or is 25503 the only number given?

Kappo

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2008, 12:26:11 PM »

Can you tell us what each of the passive skills do? And like, what effects do all the special skills do?  Cheesy

Great game by the way, I really like it. Even if it can be frustrating at some bits x].
Tifu
Administrator

This is my favourite PPG

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2008, 12:57:12 PM »

Hm, when you get the Build Your Own Fighter open you can get a description of all the stuff.

Blossom has +Recovery
"Prevents stun after being hit and recovers some energy when damaged also provides extra defence when hurt for a short period!"
Bubbles has +Speed
Which... should be obvious what it does
Buttercup has +Attack
This allows her to attack more rapidly
Brick has +Charge
Which speeds up the energy charging rate
Boomer has +Mobility
Which replaces the speed boost with a short distance teleport ability, and you can move while charging beams
Butch has +Strength
Which increases damage and kickback of punches, and you can punch powerful beams without needing any energy charged.

That is the basic passives...
Most of the specials are fairly self explanatory when you use them, yeah? Except possibly...
Energy Drain - Butch
"This powerful attack will absorb any smaller attacks it hits and feed the energy back to you!"
Absorbing Fielf - Butch
Absorbs attacks that are thrown at you
Sonic Scream - Bubbles
Not an attack, it destroys any attack in range, and stuns anyone in range.

Are the others clear enough? I could post them all if you need I guess...

Kappo

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2008, 01:01:14 PM »

Yay, thanks alot  Grin. Can you explain Blossom and Buttercup's skills too? I think they're pretty obvious but I just want to check I'm not missing any hidden factor or anything. Also I've gotten the furthest in story mode with Buttercup, would you say she was the easiest or are they all fairly balanced?

Also what is this, 'little girl unlocked'? What character is that? And what does she do lol?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 01:10:03 PM by Kappo » Logged
Tifu
Administrator

This is my favourite PPG

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2008, 02:49:50 PM »

Flower Blast is a widespread attack.
Ice Breath is a defensive move, that nullifies attacks in its range and if it hits someone, they slow down for a time.
Dancing Bomb is slow to charge up, but if it hits, you get an instant kill!
Fury Charge flies Cuppo towards your foe punches flailing.

The thing you unlocked is a character costume set for when you unlock the Build Your Own Feature mode. When you unlock that mode, you will be able to access costume parts that were previously locked.

I think they are fairly balanced. Personally I prefer Bubbles, as she has the +Speed advantage which I enjoy (run away from everyone!) but I know some people think Buttercup is best because of her Dancing Bomb attack, which is hard to aim, but when you do KAPOW! I guess Blossom has the advantage if you get a hit a lot with +Recovery Tongue

duzzkiller

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2008, 05:11:03 PM »

That is the whole error message? No line number given or is 25503 the only number given?
Yes it is.Ther is an error in image 25503 and the game will automatically quit.
Kappo

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2008, 05:28:20 AM »

Thank you. Yeah I was trying out Bubbles last night, got pretty far but she just seemed too weak for me. The stage where you have to fight two of them, one after the another, always gets me D;.

About Blossom's passive, I don't really understand how it works, doesn't seem to make much difference as far as I can see?
Parsec
PPZ team

Everybody wants to be a cat

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2008, 08:00:54 AM »

Essentially, Blossom's passive has three elements:

1.  You don't get stunned for as long from being hit; you recover from it almost instantly.  Other characters will wince and can't move for a moment, but Blossom recovers fast enough that you can usually get away quickly.

2.  You gain a tiny bit of energy everytime you get hit.

3.  If you'll notice, when you get hit your status bars will turn gray for a moment.  While the bars are gray, you take a little less damage from hits.  For example, if Bubbles used her Power Stream attack on you and hit every blast of it, the first one that hit you would do full damage but since the other ones hit while the bar is gray, each one would do less damage.  It's sort of a protection she gets against any chains of attacks.

About Bubbles, definitely take advantage of that additional speed.  If you need time to charge some energy, fly away and do it.

*** The Timeline is safe. ***

http://www.parsecproductions.net/
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: